- Sentence case
- The first letter of the first word is upper case, all other letters are lower case, unless the word is a proper noun.
- Title case
- The first letter of all words is upper case, except for secondary 2 letter words ("Go to Next Slide").
Names of Widgets
All widget names should be normal parts of sentences, e.g. "Cannot drag item from media manager to service manager."
- All labels should be sentence case and end with a colon, unless the label is attached to check box or radio button: "Select theme file:"
- Group Box Labels
- Group box labels should be title case, without any trailing colons: "Display Options"
- Menu Items
- Menu items should be title case: "Go to Next Slide", "Save As"
- Window/Dialog Titles
- All window and dialog titles should be title case: "Open Service File"
- Dialog Text
- Dialog text must be full, proper sentences, with each sentence ending in a period.
- Tooltips (hints)
- Tooltips should be sentence case, and end with a period: "Open an existing service file."
- Combo Boxes
- Data in combo boxes should be in title case: "New International Version"
- Check Boxes
- Check boxes should have sentence case labels.
- Buttons should have title case labels.