V1 V2 differences
Features in v1 which are not in v2 or have changed
This page lists those features in v1 which are not in v2, or where functionality has changed/moved.
It doesn't list new features in v2, these can be found at Version 2 Features. This page should only include features that v1 users will already be familiar with and so may be looking for in the new version.
- .OOS files - v1 OOS files cannot be used in v2.
- Songs, Bible and Theme data - v1 files cannot be used directly, but options to import these files are available.
- Media Manager - Tabs are now vertical rather than horizontal
- Video and Audio Tabs - Now replaced by a single Media tab
- Close slide buttons - The close slide button on the preview and live controllers have been considered redundant and have been removed. Close to Theme has been replaced by Hide to Theme.
- Hide buttons - The separate hide/close/show desktop buttons are now a single combo button, from which the action can be chosen.
- Order of Service - Renamed to Service Manager. Buttons have been moved around so on top and bottom of the service items.
- Service list, author name - Author name no longer appears in the service manager
- Bible verse numbers - These are now displayed as superscript.
- Fonts - Due to different renderer, fonts may appear differently on screen and line spacing may be different. It is unlikely an exact match can be produced.
- Font size - This is no longer a percentage of screen size, but now a specific point size.
- Background images - Background images are no longer stretched and aspect ratio will be maintained. Use an image editor to size the image if required.
- CCLI web import - Currently CCLI web import is not available
- Options -> Look and Feel - Removed
- Options -> Language - Moved to Settings menu
- Options -> View - Moved to View menu
- Options -> Settings - Moved to Settings -> Configure OpenLP
- Slide -> Alert - Moved to Tools menu
- Slide -> Custom - Now found in the Custom tab of the Media Manager
- Help -> User guide - Not yet written
Most settings are available, but they may be in different locations.
- Video Mode - No longer required.
- Button Visibility - Removed
- Slide wrap around - Missing
- Auto resize font - Missing
- Song Display Settings - Removed, no longer possible to hide copyright information via the settings. Workaround by setting height of footer section in the theme to 0.
- Use add song wizard - Removed
- Hotkey settings - Removed. (Now always active, but note the keys have changed.)
- Audio Settings - Missing
Keyboard shortcuts have changed, and the complex ctrl-alt keyboard shortcuts no longer exist.
- Esc - Close the output display
- Down/PgDown - Next slide
- Up/PgUp - Prev slide
- Left - Prev item in service
- Right - Next item in service
- Close slide - No longer possible to close a slide
- Lyrics box - A blank line is no longer a verse separator. Verses can now be edited individually, or if editing the whole song (Edit All) special tags are now inserted to indicate verse breaks and types.